Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by
When I first started thinking about this weeks top ten all I could come up with were superheroes and comic book characters (Batman & Robin, Calvin & Hobbs, Snoopy & Charlie, etc...) I can come up with a lot of friendships but I'm not sure I'd call them "dynamic duos." Here's my best shot!
1. Sherlock Holmes and Watson from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The two just go together. They are the first literary example that came to mind.
2. Anne and Diana from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Mongomery "A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will too." Clearly a dynamic duo! Just look at the the "adventures" they have!
3. Harry, Ron, and Hermione from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling Yes, it's a trio... but it's so obvious I couldn't leave it off.
4. Frodo and Samwise Gamgee from The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien "I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to." I so want Sam on my team! Frodo and Sam never would have accomplished what they did alone. They needed each other!
5. Lizzie and Jane from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Oh sisters! They are loyal to each other and cope amazingly well with a crazy family!
6. Colin and Hassan from An Abundance of Katherines by John Green Oh. my. stars. This duo cracked me up! I LOVED reading about them and their road trip adventure. John Green = my favorite!
7. Nick and Norah from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan I don't really know why. I loved the way their stories intersected. Plus, it's just fun to say "Nick and Norah." I like alliteration.
8. TC and Augie from My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger You have to love kids who decided they'll be brothers and then stick to it SO HARD that their families basically agree. I love that these teen boys are loyal to one another and don't care what anyone else thinks about it. Also, they're hilarious.
Ok, eight and I'm done! Not gonna lie... I may "steal" ideas from other people's top ten lists! I swear I'll give you credit though!