Top Ten Tuesday is a feature run by the lovely crew at The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished
These are the top ten series I'm embarrassed about not finishing because I love the ones I've read SO MUCH!! There are a number of series that just got to long and drawn out for me but they aren't as much fun to talk about :) Also, apparently I just don't like things ending because for the first half of these books I only have ONE MORE to read! #lame
1. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness: I just don't know if my heart can take it! I listened to books one and two consecutively and started three but had to stop. I was just too invested! It's been a few months now and I know I should try again. Lisa assures me it's worth it. I know it will be amazing.... if I can keep it together long enough to get through it!
2. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater: I am afraid to finish this one. I just have Forever left to read but I know how Maggie loves to make her readers cry. I keep reading the first chapter or so and then deciding I can't handle it yet.
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: Oh gosh. Don't tell Anna. Or Jen. Or Jamie. Again, I just have the final one left to read. Once I start it I know I'll be sucked in. Good thing I have Bloodlines and The Golden Lily on stand by!
4. Wings by Aprilynne Pike: Gah! I FAIL!!! I need to read this one ASAP since my students are as in love with the series as I am. I just feel like what I REALLY want to happen isn't going to happen. If I don't read it I can still pretend that's how it all ends!
5. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: I have no explanation except that I want to wait until I have something else I can read by Rachel or I feel like I'll go in to withdrawal. Right now I know that I have Spell Bound as an option :)
6. Need by Carrie Jones: Endure was a book I was super excited for. What other series is pixie focused?!?! Still, it's sitting on my shelf unread.
7. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: So, I read book one right when it came out and it was love! The setting, the mood, the awesome librarian... but I have yet to read the others! I own them. They're signed. I'm just a slacker.
8. The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine: This is a series I didn't start until about a year or two ago. I've only read the first couple but I really enjoyed them so I bought the rest! The only problem? I can't remember where I left off!
9. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting: I still haven't read book three! I loved the first two but they kind of creep me out. I just need to find a time when I can read the whole thing while it's still light out!
10. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I randomly picked book one up at the bookstore when I was just getting the idea of blogging. I absolutely loved it! Have I read two or three? NO! Again, I fail!
Writing this list has made me feel like such a slacker! Also, a little stressed! Perhaps I need to challenge myself to read one of these a month to finish up some of these loose ends!!